SENIOR GAME ARTIST
cell: 416 948 2579
address: 51 Daphnia Dr., Thornhill, Ontario L4j 8X4
3D Studio MAX + various plug-ins. ( 18 yrs.)
RealTart (3DS Max plug-in for real-time render) ( 6 yrs.)
Photoshop ( 20 yrs.)
Illustrator ( 1 yr. )
Particle Editor (Proprietary particle editor) ( 6 yrs. )
Particle Illusion ( 1 yr. )
After Effects ( 3 yr. )
Animator Pro ( 7 yrs.)
Deluxe Paint ( 6 yrs.)
Flash ( 2 yrs.)
Fireworks ( 4 yrs.)
Sound Forge ( 1 yr. )
JIRA, Confluence, SVN, Visual SourceSafe ( 6 yrs. )
2006 – 2015 Senior Game Artist JVL Labs. Markham, Ontario (www.jvlgaming.com)
Titles: Pirate Madness, Zoozle, Moto Money, Futbol Frenzy, Aztec Star, Pirates’ Fortune, BonBon
– Defined look and feel of various land based casino slot games. Supervised final implementation
– Conceptualized Casino User Interfaces according to various locality regulations
– Created 2D and 3D assets for a Progressive Jackpot unit of the casino
– Communicated major design decisions and issues with the producer, and to the team. Created and maintained detailed game design documentation throughout the project cycle. Supervised
production process overseas. Mentored junior designers
– Was instrumental in developing graphic editing tools based on a real-time 3D engine with an eye towards usability and efficiency. The tools included: 3DS Max real-time visualisation plug-in, font decorating and particle generating modules
– Defined layouts and set of features
– Maintained documentation and transferred the work-flow knowledge to the rest of the team
Titles: Wild Dice HD, Last Call, Prison Break
– Created conceptual wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to solidify design direction and plans
– Designed and created games visuals utilizing pre-rendered and real-time rendered technology
– Created and animated 3D characters, level environments, User Interfaces
2002 – 2006 Lead Digital Artist IPDevco Inc. Toronto, Ontario.
Titles: English Harbour Casino, Caribbean Gold Casino, Silver Dollar Casino.
– Conceptualized, analyzed and implemented game ideas using various tools and technology
– Developed and supervised process of graphic optimization for online games
– Created compelling visual treatments for game UI’s and menus that are intuitive, easy to navigate and convey information to maximize end user experience
2000 – 2002 Lead Digital Artist CapitalIT Inc. Toronto, Ontario.
– Conceptualized, implemented and maintained UI for various websites and online casinos.
1994 – 1999 Computer Game Designer Compedia Ltd. Ramat Gan, Israel (compedia.net)
– Was responsible for illustration, animation (2D and 3D), game conceptualization
1988-1992 Academy of Arts of Latvia, Riga.
– The “ALL STAR SOFTWARE” seal in the Children’s Software Revue Magazine.
– “Gold Bear award” for the Kids Domain Review.
References available upon request.